Cascade Eagles Adventurers Christmas Party
Sabbath, Dec. 9, 5:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall
Kids will have the chance to play and celebrate the Christmas season at this fun party!
Richard Fearing Turns 90!
Sunday, Dec. 10, 1 to 3 p.m., Fellowship Hall
Richard Fearing’s children invite you to a birthday celebration in his honor. This is a come-and-go celebration, and your presence is all that is requested. You should have already RSVP'd to this event.
Christmas Lights and Dinner Tour
Sunday, Dec. 10
Aaron and Rachel Mountain will chauffeur you and your friends in the SAA bus to see Christmas lights, followed by soup supper at Connie Carman's home. $40 per person. Proceeds benefit Skagit Adventist Academy. Contact Sheryl Carman or Lynn Fiedler at SAA to reserve a seat.
Tuesday, Dec. 12, 11:30 a.m., Royal Star Buffet Restaurant
Skagit Adventist Academy's K-12 Christmas Concert
Wednesday, Dec. 13, 6:30 p.m., SAA Gym.
Bethani King leads our kids in a special “Feliz Navidad” Christmas music performance. Please join us as we celebrate the season. Refreshments will be available after the program.
Women's Bible Study Time Change
Beginning Dec. 14, the women's Bible study at Haggens is going to begin at 7:30 rather than 8 p.m. Please note this in your calendars, and we'll see you there!
Sabbath, Dec. 16, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.This will be a special Sabbath! Dine at a potluck brunch instead of first service, study at Sabbath school, then enjoy the Christmas program at 11:30 a.m.
- Children will sing “Joy to the World”. There are no rehearsals, and any child who wants to sing will be welcome; just practice the lyrics at home beforehand.
- Join the NCSDA Church orchestra in the performance. Rehearsal is Dec. 15 at 6:30 p.m.
- You can also join the NCSDA Church choir to sing. Rehearsals are Dec. 8 & 15 at 7 p.m.
- Please, if you attend potluck, bring extra food dishes to help serve our many guests and be sure give them a warm greeting and get to know them. We will have a full house!
Christmas Food Basket delivery day
, Dec. 16, starting at 9:30 a.m., Youth House
Everyone is invited to come help assemble and deliver food boxes. On Thursday and Friday of this coming week, Dec. 15 & 16, we plan to purchase the necessary fresh products. Call Carol Atkins to volunteer to help with the shopping and setup.
Communion Agape Feast
Friday, Dec. 29, 6 p.m., Fireside Room
Please come worship with us for this special evening of remembrance and friendship. We start with a soup supper at 6 p.m., followed by a communion service at 7 p.m. More details coming soon.
Sabbath, Jan. 6, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., NCSDA parking lot
We are always in need of life-saving blood donations. Give and save a life! Contact Loni Carambot to sign up.
SAVE THE DATE - NCSDA All-Church Town Hall Meeting
Sabbath, Jan. 6, after potluck, Fellowship Hall
S.W.A.T. Team Meeting
Sabbath, Jan. 6, 4 p.m., Youth House
Pray for our youth! Meet the first Sabbath of every month to pray over our facility, church, and youth program. Anyone is welcome to attend.
Julie Dawson Restaurant Cards
We are still collecting restaurant gift cards for Julie. The cards have made a huge difference for the family and they have really appreciated everyone's help. Julie doing better but is still limited on what she can do. She would love to have visitors to break up her long days.
Spruced Up Thrift Store
There is a lot going on this season at the thrift store! Volunteer, shop, and donate - it all helps the community. Please contact them at 360-755-1141 for more information.
- Volunteers: We need your help - even a couple of hours a week would be very beneficial
- Food orders: Due Dec. 13. Pick up orders before Dec. 22 for Christmas
- Donations: Especially needed: small- and medium-sized men’s shirts. Please bring all your donations during store hours (Mon.-Thurs., 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Fri. 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
- Holiday closures: Christmas: Dec. 25 to Jan 1. Please do not make donations over the closure - we will not be there to take care of them.
Pastoral Staff Continuing Education
- Holiday office closures: Christmas: Dec. 25 and 26, and New Years: Jan. 1.
- We are working on a revised and brand-new bulletin style. Look for it in early 2018!
Church family, your pastoral staff is ambitious towards personal growth and development. We wanted to bring to your attention a fund set up to support the pastoral staff in their continued education, and the gathering of resources for personal edification, and as a result, the church family.
If you would like to support the staff in their continued education, please consider doing so by donating to the Pastoral Continued Education Fund. Additionally, feel free to ask the staff about their continued education ambitions, as Pastors Ofa, Cliff, Steven and Marcia are in the process of creating their personal edification goals.
Currently, Pastor Cliff seeks to attend a four-day certification for the Myers Briggs Type Indicator personality test in Seattle on February 27 through March 2. The MBTI test is utilized by 89 of the fortune 100 companies in the U.S. Pastor Cliff hopes to help our church family further their personal journey, and to gain a better understanding of others through the MBTI process. Thank you.
Skagit Adventist Academy
- School Counselor: The new counselor has helped many of our kids, and we are looking for funds to expand program hours. You may help by praying and/or by writing a tax-deductible check to either NCSDA or SAA, marked “Counselor Program.”
- SAA’s ski and snowboard program: fun will take place at Mount Baker on Jan. 15 and 22, and Feb. 19 and 26. Adults and kids from NCSDA are welcome to join, too! Sponsors needed. Register by Dec. 15 with Julie Cotter.
- Box tops wanted: Each box top is worth 10 cents, and sometimes their value is quadrupled. Find them on grocery and office supply boxes, and donate them to support SAA.
Talent (or no talent!) Show
Saturday, Feb. 3 at SAA Gym
Talent (or no talent) needed! Do you have a hidden talent or a silly song or skit you'd like to share with your church friends and family? Please contact Loni Carambot or Joan Hilde as soon as possible.
Small Group Leaders Wanted
Groups to meet Jan. 7 to March 11, 2018
We are looking for leaders to host a new session of winter small groups. Have fun, foster friendships and do something great together. Choose your own topic or activity. Contact Pastor Marcia Stone for more information.
Skagit Valley Family Radio KTFJ 104.7 FM
New Videos: In addition to on-air messages, there is a nice collection of relevant videos and podcasts at www.radiooflife.org
. A History of the Reformation
, Sharing God
, and Marriage Encouragement
for example. Thank you for your prayers and support!